At Performance Solutions by Milliken, we’re dedicated to developing sustainable results. But these results wouldn’t be possible without our experienced Practitioners who work side by side with all of our clients. Milliken Practitioners average over 15 years of service at Milliken & Company or other manufacturing companies. Get to know us better through these fun and informative questions.
Managing Director, Operations
- Favorite Milliken memory
I learned about polymer bound chemistry working third shift with Versatint operators at the Dewey Plant. Our low-tech process allowed me to physically watch the chemistry taking place and color formation right before my eyes. It was more impressive than any lab and I fell in love with color chemistry.
- What is your favorite airport as a business traveler?
My favorite is Houston Hobby because it’s really easy to get in and out of.
- What is your least favorite?
My least favorite has to be a tie between Beijing and Detroit.
- What movie do you always watch when it’s on TV?
Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightly
- If you could wave a magic wand and grant a client either more money or or more time, which would give them? Why?
I would grant them more money. If you have the tools, supplies and materials you need, people and time become less of an issue because problems are being resolved.
- What was your biggest “Aha!” moment while working with your clients in 2017?
When the “light” clicked on with the Daily Management System pillar leader as to the vision, purpose and process for DMS. (It took several months)